Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dilemma

“To be or not to be that is the question”  - I guess Shakespear captured in those few words how many people feel each day.

Life is a constant struggle to make the right and relevant choices. To think about the permutation of things, there are more than a million or even a billion ways on how we can define our lives by making choices. Every day we are bombarded with hundreds of them, while other choices seem simple and mundane, some are life changing and difficult. However, what’s more interesting is while some decisions which seem easy for some are very tough and difficult for others, vice versa. In a world which is full of differences, this idea is very different indeed.

As a very technical person, I grew up in a school of thought wherein decisions should be based on logical reasoning on how things would behave, respond, act or react to certain impulses or events. I was also raised to the law that deep reasoning should be put in place to come up with a theory and conclusion – “Reasoning far ahead for the outcome without still even seeing the end result.”  But this seems impractical for real life since this school of thought was founded on experiments and observations of things already proven.  How would this be applicable to my life, has anyone done experiments on it. Does anybody have a wild theory or even a hypothesis on how my life will go?

Given this in mind, I am now in a crossroads wherein I should decide where to place my destiny, the seemingly dark road ahead or the un-seemingly dark road beside it - both grey areas of untold fortune and outcomes.  Not being able to see what’s ahead is usually what troubles me. However, I also have another school of thought  - Persons who takes greater risks are usually the one who succeeds and people who usually takes a path least taken sometimes also turns out to be the winner.  However, some risk takers lose it all while some who take the path least taken end up in the dump. So where am I supposed to go?

Surrendering anew, I am now simply placing my chances to God’s greater will the One who has a clearer view on what’s ahead.

1 comment:

Henry said...

Uy, kumusta na kayong lahat? Kuya marlon, musta na?